Datem Diacetyl Tartaric Acid Esters of Mono and Diglycerides E 472e
|EC No||E 472e|
|Iodine Value||Max 3|
|Dropping Point||Approx.38 C|
|Acid Value||Max 62-76 mgKOH/gm|
|Saponification Value||380-425 mgKOH/gm|
|Heavy Metals (as Pb)||Max 10mg/kg|
|Arsenic||Max 3 mg/kg|
|Cadmium||Max 1 mg/kg|
|Lead||Max 2 mg/kg|
Datem is a Diacetyl Tartaric Acid Ester of Mono and Diglycerides made from fully Hardened Oil. It is a white to pale yellow waxy solid, dispersible in cold and hot water, and soluble in methanol, ethanol and acetone. A liquid version is also available.
|Appearance||Off-white to light yellow|
|Odour||Sour, Acetic Acid, Vinegar|
Dynatar 95-62-80 CC is used as a food additive in bread, cakes, non-dairy creamers and non-dairy whipped toppings. In bread it acts as a dough conditioner. In cakes and non-dairy products, it acts as a dispersion agent and foam stabiliser respectively. It is also free of Palm-oil and serves as a good emulsifier for Kosher and Halal food preparations.
Dynatar 95-62-80 CC is a hydrophilic emulsifier which is easily dispersible in water. This food additive is considered the best emulsifier for strengthening the gluten network in bread dough.
Benefits in Bread
* By strengthening the gluten network and improving gluten extensibility it increases the volume of bread
* It creates better dough elasticity, resulting in better over-spring
* It aids fat distribution in dough resulting in smaller cells and a more uniform crumb structure.
* Improves machinability by adding plasticity to dough thereby reducing inconsistencies in batches from varying quality of other ingredients or due to mechanical stress
* Partially reduces added gluten.
In Summary, the application of DATEM has a lot of advantages as a bread improving ingredient.
- Simplification of the dough and/or baking mass preparation
- Reduction of baking fat
- Increase in the dough’s fermentation tolerance
- Improved dough rheology
- Increase in the air intake into the baking mass during aeration
- Reduction of water loss during baking
- Increase in the volume of the baked goods
- Improvement in constancy of shape and form of the baked goods
- Improvement in crumb texture
- Improvement in crumb softness
- Improvement in chewing and taste properties
- Delay in staling
Benefits in Cakes/Non-Dairy Whipped Toppings
* Improves dispersion of fat/oil in the water phase
* Stabilises batter or foam once whipped reducing the possibility of collapse
Benefits in Non-Dairy Beverage Creamer
* Helps in dispersing fat-based creamer throughout the hot
* It stabilises this oil-in-water emulsion